Terms and Conditions of Service
1. Sharing of Assessment Outcome:
We will share the assessment outcome with your GP. If you wish for your GP not to be informed, we regret that we will not be able to offer our services.
2. Support Interventions:
We provide support interventions through planned appointments. However, in crisis situations or when intensive care is necessary, requiring regular support beyond planned appointments, and if concerns about safety and well-being arise, our service may not be suitable.
3. Payment Terms:
- All payments for initial bookings are due within one week of receiving the invoice.
- For provisional appointments, payment is expected 48 hours after the date and time are accepted.
- Bookings will be automatically cancelled by our system if payment is not received within 48 hours after agreeing to the offered appointment.
- Please note that appointments not attended or cancelled with less than 5 working days' notice will be charged at full rates.
4. Private Mental Health Service:
We offer a private mental health service not funded by the NHS. Referrals from NHS GPs are considered private care, and costs cannot be claimed from the NHS.
Fees for different services are detailed in the "Fees" section on our website.
Please be advised that if your account has unpaid invoices, we retain the right to discontinue providing services. Our invoicing system is designed to automatically cancel bookings without payment made 48 hours in advance and prevent additional bookings if there are outstanding debts on your account. Delayed payments are subject to an 8% interest charge, and we reserve the right to involve debt collectors in the process.
6. Appointment Letters:
- Our appointment letters summarise key discussion points, the agreed treatment plan, and our clinical opinion.
- These letters are not comprehensive reports for medico-legal purposes or employers.
- Sharing the letter with other professionals, family members, or external agencies is at your discretion.
7. Psychiatric Assessment Objectives:
- The aim is to assess difficulties and agree on a treatment plan.
- Specific requests (e.g., second opinions, medico-legal reports) should be communicated at the initial enquiry.
8. Diagnostic Opinions:
- The diagnostic opinion represents professional judgment.
- ADHD or autism assessments may not always result in those diagnoses but provide insights.
- Requests for specific diagnoses or medications may be subject to provider discretion.
9. Ongoing Care:
- Planned outpatient appointments are offered on specific days.
- Urgent or email clinical support is not available.
- Emergency and crisis support should be sought through your GP, A&E, or emergency services.
10. Paper-Free Service:
- We aim to be a paper-free service, and communication is electronic.
11. Mutual Respect:
- We strive to provide a caring and compassionate service.
- Respectful treatment towards our staff is expected, and threatening or abusive behaviour may result in termination of treatment.
- We reserve the right to express our inability to provide or continue to provide a service that we do not deem safe for either us or the patient.
By seeking our services you agree to the terms and conditions above